This post was last updated on January 4th, 2020 at 10:13 pm
December is a crazy month of holidays: Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and Festivus for the rest of us. In our house, December also means birthdays. We have lots of opportunities for celebrations, and lots of opportunities for fun holiday treats.
Of course you can always go to the nearest bakery to load up on your yearly dose of butter and fat, but where’s the fun in that? Here are 12 fun holiday treats that are easy enough to make with your kids. You can eat them yourselves, share them with friends or freeze them for when you’re scouring the house looking for a sweet treat.
1. Hanukkah Holiday Sugar Cookies from Tori Avey
2. Marshmallow Snowman from It’s Always Autumn
3. Chocolate Marshmallow Dreidels from Martha Stewart
4. Candy Cane Jo-Jo’s Stuffed Cookies from Bombshell Bling
5. Chocolate Dipped Oreo Snowflakes from I Heart Naptime
6. Baked Gingersnap Cookies from Dessert Now Dinner Later
7. Holiday Madeleines from Sugar Swings
8. Peanut Butter Fudge Dreidels from Oh Nuts
9. White Chocolate Peppermint Hearts from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
10. Christmas Chex Mix from Princess Pinky Girl
11. Oreo Ornaments from Miss CandiQuik
12. Peppermint Mocha Dipped Spoons from Lemon Tree Dwelling