I’m always hitting my friends up for their reading list. They haven’t steered me wrong yet. Some of their book recommendations also happen to to be on Amazon’s Best Books of 2016 list. While my friends aren’t professional editors, they are voracious readers. So the fact that they also like some of these books, make me want to read them more. Plus, Amazon’s top 10 books for 2016 would make great gifts for the bookworm in your life.
Amazon’s top 10 books for 2016
All quotes are from Amazon Book Editors.
10. Swing Time by Zadie Smith “A masterful novel that tackles big issues–race, class and the ups and downs of long term friendship–told with a dancer’s grace and ease.”
9. Before the Fall by Noah Hawley “From the award-winning creator of Fargo, a thrilling page-turner about an airplane crash and its seemingly heroic survivors.”
8. Pumpkinflowers by Matti Friedman “An unforgettable nonfiction account of men changed by war, told in a voice that is both straight forward and undeniably literary.”
7. Another Brooklyn by Jacqueline Woodson “A poetic, breathtaking novel about growing up female and black in the 1970s–a time of conflicting pressures and sometimes crushing assumptions.”
6. Lab Girl by Hope Jahren “An inspiring and entertaining memoir about work, life and love from a plant scientist who is just as adept at analyzing the natural world as she is at illuminating human relationships.”
5. Mischling by Affinity Konar “Affinity Konar’s beautiful novel about twin sisters who survive Auschwitz is precisely crafted, acutely sensitive and ultimately uplifting and hopeful.”
4. The Nix by Nathan Hill “A big, smart novel about so many things: family, politics, revolution and the things we choose to remember (and forget).”
3. Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance “A very personal tour of a segment of our culture that’s losing its way in modern America.”
2. The Wolf Road by Beth Lewis “Part literary thriller, part western, this is a debut novel about a young tomboy trying to survive a post-apocalyptic wilderness as she searches for her parents.”
1. The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead “A brilliant, wise, fantastical yet grounded portrayal of a young slave seeking her freedom on a real underground railroad.”
These books are available in the kindle store or in print. Amazon Prime members get FREE 2 day shipping on most items. You can Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial.
Prime members also get access to thousands of titles with Amazon Prime Reading.
You can get Amazon Prime Reading using free kindle apps for iOS and Android as well as from any Kindle or Fire tablet.