Something I’ve been thinking about doing for some time, but have yet to have the guts to put it out there, is a monthly traffic report. The hits, the misses, the what’s working, what’s not, what’s up, what’s down of my blog.
My blog is not new, but I’m finally committing to writing on a consistent basis. It’s been a creative outlet, that has been missing from my life. Yes, I’m a freelance producer, but I feel like my brain turns to mush when I’m not using it in a creative fashion.
So my numbers are expectedly low, but I have goals and I’ll post those as well. Since this is a first traffic report, I’m going to include September and October, because they are very different. First, I want to send a shout out to Jenny at Breakfastatlillys.com and confettisocial.com for the inspiration.
September Traffic Report
- Unique page views – 670
- Bounce rate – 47%
- Sessions – 483
- Users – 395
October Traffic Report
- Unique page views – 371 (- 80%)
- Bounce rate – 25% (- 87%)
- Sessions – 250 (-93%)
- Users – 140 (-182%)
Yikes! So do I all of a sudden suck at blogging? No! So what did I do differently? Well, in September I participated in Facebook Groups on a daily basis. I marketed every post as often as I could. In October, I didn’t use Facebook groups. Look at the difference in numbers. Ok, I will be going back to FB groups ASAP.
I’ll also start keeping better track of my social status online. Here is my baseline. It can only go up right?
Social Media Traffic Report
Some of my posts obviously did better than others. Here are my top 5 for September and October.
- Texting Acronyms for Parents of Teenagers
- Advent Calendars for Christmas
- Interview with Affiliate Summit Co Founder Shawn Collins
- Top 5 Book Series for Kids Ages 10-12 Years Old
- 90 Day Video Challenge
I also really like how Jenny at Breakfastatlillys.com writes down her monthly blogging goals. There’s nothing like putting it down on paper, or in this case putting it out to the universe to make one accountable. So here are my goals for November.
Blogging Goals for November
- Continue the 90 Day Video Challenge – You can see my video on YouTube. I just started a channel.
- Spend 30 minutes a day minimum engaging in FB Groups
- Write a minimum of 2 blog posts per week in addition to the videos
- Twitter – 600 Followers
- Facebook – 150 Followers
- YouTube – 50 Followers
- Pinterest – 150 Followers
- Continue updating old posts
Ok, I think this is a good start. I have my work cut out for me. If you have any tips or tricks to reaching your goals, I’d love to hear them. Please comment below.